Teenagers usually use their Ipod when they're on the bus or when they're doing your homework. However, the good part that teens usually love about the Ipod ? You can raise your noise level as high as you want and no one could complain. On the other hand, the result? You could end up having an hearing aid. Studies shown that a usual person should only listen to 100 db or decibel every two hours(altogether) . An average I-pod can get up to 130 db! That's louder than a hairdryer which is 85 db! Let's take a look at Goshom, a scientist and his assistant Kathryn Jade White as they study college students who own any portable music players for more than 3 years. They found out that 55 percent of those college students listened volumes more than 85 db while 26 percent preferred levels at about 70 or 85 db. The rest of those students liked volumes less than 70 db. However, none of those students had any serious hearing problems probably because they didn't have their music players long enough. Nowadays, kids are listening to I pods at younger ages which could affect their hearing problems rapidly if they kept listening at a loud volume until college. Unless you want to have poor hearing, I would be careful of the noise level if I were you.
ALL THE CREDIT BELONGS TO THIS LINK:
Url: http://www.livescience.com/technology/091012-ipod-volume.html
No comments:
Post a Comment