Monday, April 19, 2010

Collapsing Can LAB!


While my group was at the collapsing can lab, it was  a fun and cool experience I had seeing all the cans popping and so forth. The materials we need were a heater, a empty can filled with water, and a bucket full of ice and water. First, we let the water on the heater evaporate for a little bit causing steam. The steam was caused since the metal of the can sealed the pressure just like your average kettle.  After that, the steam in the can came from the water evaporating the water. Before you knew it, steam was forced to come out. Quickly, we put the can into the bucket of  ice cold water. As a result, it made a huge clang. This had happened since when the can began to evaporate, the cold water made the can's water also condensed. The two diffrent reactions couldn't break through at each other. As a result, it collapsed from the pressure. This was a fun lab to do and I hope I can try it again!

ALL THE CREDIT BELONGS TO:

No comments:

Post a Comment